Vienna French Horn Mouthpiece cup V18
The Vienna line, by Osmun, is the most unique design in their collection. The Vienna cup shape is a simple convex line from the rim to the throat. The result is a mouthpiece with a smaller interior volume yet balanced by the large throats normally used. Very deep, but with a relatively small volume due to its convex shape. It produces a dark, velvety sound that brightens when pushed.
The Vienna line specifications:
- V18 has a #18 bore 4.305mm
- .650" (16.5mm) diameter at the joint where the cup and rim meet
- inch threads are .750-36 threads, compatible with almost all American-made screw rim mouthpieces
- metric cups are 17.5mm at the joint where the cup and rim meet (special order 1-2 weeks)
- metric threads are .800-36, designed specifically to be interchangeable with Osmun, Paxman and Halstead-Chidell mouthpiece rims and are offered in sizes larger than the inch models.
- multiple shank choices to fit your horn perfectly. (European and Schmid special order 1-2 weeks)
- bright silver plated cup (gold plated cups allow for 1-2 weeks delivery)