New York French Horn Mouthpiece cup NY-C1
The New York line of French Horn Mouthpiece cups by Osmun, has a moderate cup shape with the curve to the throat opening pushed down about as far as possible. It produces a large body of sound and is well suited for use with large bell horns with small mouth pipe venturis, like Conn 8D's. The New York line of cups are a faithful copy of the original Giardinelli C series mouthpieces. If you plan to purchase a rim with a cup from the New York line, note that only inch threaded rims are compatible. Made famous as the Giardinelli C series designed for James Chambers. Supplied in the traditional NY outer shape and original back bore and drill sizes.
The New York line specifications:
- NY-C1 has a #1 bore 5.791mm
- .650" (16.5mm) diameter at the joint where the cup and rim meet
- inch threads are .750-36 threads, compatible with almost all American-made screw rim mouthpieces
- multiple shank choices to fit your horn perfectly. (European and Schmid special order 1-2 weeks)
- bright silver plated cup (gold plated cups allow for 1-2 weeks delivery)