180KA-JN-Munich Model Double French Horn
Designer: Dieter Otto
Add a note to encourage purchase
The newest model in the 2016 Dieter Otto French Horn line up is the Model 180KA-JN-Munich. The Jeff Nelsen model has been a rock solid, top-performing instrument for many, and with the addition of the new Munich model JN variant, Siegfried's Call believes the change in feel is amazing. The larger main valves offer a different feel with an open blow and super response. The depth of sound differs from the original JN model: slightly meatier, more low overtones, with a very relaxing blow.
- Newly integrated larger main valve cluster gives a larger bore through the valve block.
- Polished brass finish.
- Unique design modifications by Martin Ecker owner and Master-craftsman of Dieter Otto Horns.
- Jeff Nelsen lead pipe taper and bell flare combination.
- J. Meinlschmidt GmbH valve cluster.
- Hand-lapped nickel silver inner and outer slide tubes.
- Engraved valve caps.
- Fully adjustable thumb pad with reversible mechanical miniball linkage F/Bb or Bb/F.
- Detachable bell.
- Articulated string linkage for valves #1,#2,#3.
- Easy-to-pivot and remove Bb and F 3rd valve crooks.
- Medium bell taper.
- 12mm bore.
- Bell diameter: 31cm.
- Traditionally hand-bent tapered parts.
Many other custom options are available. Call us (toll free) at: 866-888-7478 to customize your order.