Chicago French Horn Mouthpiece Cup Underpart
Add a note to encourage purchase
The Chicago line, by Osmun Mouthpieces, is designed after the original Farkas model, a quintessential American mouthpiece. The Chicago line works well with most horns and in most bore sizes as the shape is moderately deep and less cup-shaped. The Chicago cup produces a warm timbre and very even response across the registers. They are moderately deep and with a fairly straight side it produces an even sound rich in overtones.
The Chicago line specifications:
- .650" (16.5mm) diameter at the joint where the cup and rim meet
- inch threads are .750-36 threads, compatible with almost all American-made screw rim mouthpieces
- metric cups are 17.5mm at the joint where the cup and rim meet (special order 1-2 weeks)
- metric threads are .800-36, designed specifically to be interchangeable with Osmun, Paxman and Halstead-Chidell mouthpiece rims and are offered in sizes larger than the inch models.
- bright silver plated cup
- we have one metric gold plated cup in a 12 bore in stock
NOTE: If the product can't be added to the shopping cart, it is out of stock and currently unavailable.