Chicago (deep) French Horn Mouthpiece cup CHD10
Add a note to encourage purchase
The Chicago line, by Osmun, is designed after the original Farkas model, a quintessential American mouthpiece. The Chicago Deep line is essentially a copy of the Chicago line, but with a deeper cup. The Chicago Deep line of cups produce a darker timbre than the standard Chicago line but maintain a very even response across the registers. The deep cup shape with fairly straight sides produces an even dark sound which is rich in overtones.
The Chicago (deep) line specifications:
- CHD10 has a #10 bore 4.915mm
- .650" (16.5mm) diameter at the joint where the cup and rim meet
- inch threads are .750-36 threads, compatible with almost all American-made screw rim mouthpieces
- metric cups are 17.5mm at the joint where the cup and rim meet (special order 1-2 weeks)
- metric threads are .800-36, designed specifically to be interchangeable with Osmun, Paxman and Halstead-Chidell mouthpiece rims and are offered in sizes larger than the inch models.
- multiple shank choices to fit your horn perfectly. (European and Schmid special order 1-2 weeks)
- bright silver plated cup (gold plated cups allow for 1-2 weeks delivery)