Designer: Dieter Otto
Add a note to encourage purchase
The Mod. 205 Weimar-Berlin is a joint venture between Siegfried's Call owner, Scott Bacon and Martin Ecker. The design was inspired in part by an exceptional pre-WWI C. F. Schmidt "Weimar früher Berlin" Bb/F double horn. Further inspiration, especial for valve design, stems from the work of Carl Geyer. Through the development process, the original C.F. Schmidt bell mandrel was discovered, purchased, and is now serving as our form to manufacture the bell flares. The bell flare includes copper-plated steel wire in the bell's rim, and "soldered in," --like they used to do it. After looking at many mouth pipes from the vast collection of Lou Denaro, we were inspired by one he had which was owned by Dick Martz. After a slight modification to improve intonation, a new mandrel was created to maintain the traditional character of sound and feel of the C.F. Schmidt and early Geyer horns.
- All brass construction.
- Fully adjustable thumb pad with reversible mechanical Miniball linkage F/Bb or Bb/F.
- Articulated string linkage for valves #1,#2,#3.
- 12mm bore.
- Bell diameter: 31cm.
- Changeable receiver/adapter easily changes between German or American mouthpiece shanks.
- Hand-bent tapered branches.
- Hand-lapped inner and outer slide tubes of brass.
- Hand-made bracing from hardened brass rod, annealed, and hand worked to fit each unique position.
Many other custom options are available. Call us (toll free) at: 866-888-7478 to customize your order.